Thursday, October 05, 2006
Byond the Individual Teacher
And another one on cultural diversity and gender: http://www.genderit.org/en/index.shtml?apc=i90504-e--1
The impact on a wider non-connected communities:
Monday, October 02, 2006
Week 1 Thoughts
I have a high diploma in "Adult Education and Illiteracy "in 1992,where I have learned that illiteracy means either not knowing to read or write ,or being ignorant ,unknowledgeable in a specific subjectarea.On going over the readings, what I figuredout is this:
(1)The term 'multiliteracies' was coined to describe what constitutes literacy in today's world…not only language, but " multiple kinds of literacies which are embedded in multimodal texts"
(2)Cope and Kalanstzis (2000), describe multiliteracies as "a word which was chosen by the New London Group who recognized that literacy pedagogy was changing rapidly in our global world". Thus, the fearful fast changes of technology has the great impact here. I will sum up two quotations by Warscharure, in "Electronic Literacies" , on the first page which ,I guess ,I need to know for now. The first one is that; "concepts of literacy changes". The second is"..technology change intersects with other social ,economic, cultural and political factors to help determine how literacy is practiced."
- Instead of logging on to MY blog, /I will log on to my bloglines (like the forums in D2L), then read all new posts on those I subscribed to. Some websites do not have RSS so they will not compete in the future. So, I have to get an RSS feed to my blog. Aha! Now I figured out how Downes read and reflect upon these articles and posts…..finally! I still believe I need a tutorial with screenshots. This is how I think the simplest way to understand RSS.
- When I pressed the RSS button on the wiki, ..it gave me detailed HTML posts even the deleted ones. Failed to wubscrbe1
- On reading Maryanne Burgos’s at http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/papers/tesol/ppot/event_cycle6.htm . Now I know where I belong into the different notions of multiliteracy; it is the Functional Literacy and Critical literacy! Am I wrong/ Maybe slow too!!
, not the whole Khartoum , and I was amazed how many could be ticked:! Not as a conclusion for today’s work, The data(or information as Beth wondered), on this link is interesting indeed. Now I consider myself joined one of the courses which are designed on Critical Thinking Notions. Thanks Vance and good night.9.30 a.m.Ramadan Kareem! Sudan
This post was a week ago,when I totally forgot about here!!Multitasing-illeterate!!Sketches taken of Will Richardson’s:
- You have control on RSS, in the meaning that you have control on the sites you subscribe to, not like emails and the spam they brings.
- In a classroom, which could go paperless(one day, hopefully mine will !) Ss could have their own Bloglines account which will make it easier for them to trace the information they need for their research and studies, even if they have no blogs. (It’s one reason why I think RSS could be a great help for the lack of media and information literacy skills students have.).Assessment with EFL students blogs correction:
- That’s what maters: If you need a piece of information you get it on the finger tip.
- Sharing and collaborating information is what the Internet is about. I am now off for Web.2.0
Web 2.0 Tools
Web 2.0 tools ?Those I am comfortable with?
The first one is delicious.I like to have my links, tagged, sorted out and organized. It has no problem in using. Lately, I discovered the “do not share” button. I thought it has no privacy.The second tool is flickr, where I upload my photos. Bubblshare is the best where you can upload, create a slideshow with your voice and share it with others.On buzznet this option is also there with a place for comments and adding friends’ blogs to your. Springdoo ,where you can send voice, video emails(much faster?)
Web2.0 tools not comfortable with?
Podmatic (maybe I should try to record something today!!).Vance showed me Multiply, but today, I stumbled over 4shared, same feature of Mutilply ,uploading photos ,music and videos, all in one place. I love it !
Tools I would like to explore?Juice
Adapting ALL the scary, rapidly new invented or created web 2.0 tools will lead one to a near mental break down. Thus, in points: select the appropriate tool to fulfill the objective, try it untill you are comfortable with it, use it, re-use it, re-use-it, re-use it, then, look for a similar one on the market.The selection will be easier as you would be able to by now, what re your students’ needs and goals and how to use the tool to accomplish them.
Questions: How can I set my PBWiki to accept comments?How/where can I post comments on bloglines.I tried to do so with Beth’s, no success.